Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Sweet Mama

WE MISS OUR GRANNY!
" Where'd that funny woman go?"
"Which one?"
"You know..the one that always had a diet pepsi in her hand..."
"I don't know, but the house was alot cleaner when she was around."
"She always picked me up when I was screamin."
"Yeah, or you could just spit up, or poop your pants and she'd get ya too."
"I don't think daddy liked her very much."

"Yeah he does..he just calls her the wicked witch of the west to be funny."

"What's funny?"

"Funny? Hmmm...it's like this...."

"Mommy's trying to do the dishes...do what I do"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"if you say so: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"




Mom and Rae were here for two weeks after Greg went back to work. I don't know what I would have done without that extra two weeks to catch up on sleep and continue recovering.

It was like having a live-in nanny/housekeeper. You could also add entertainer to the resume. As you will see in the pictures below. : )

Thanks mom for always being positive, for advising but not being a know-it-all, for being encouraging, and for being my best-est friend ( after Greggy, of course). Love you.

Making a dummy in the hospital bed has become a tradition. When Maddie was born, the day we got released we packed up our stuff and mom made a head out of a blown up latex glove, drew a face on it, and stuffed the bed to look like a person. So when we left, house cleaning had a little surprise waiting for them!

This time she used the witch mask Greg got for her as a joke.

Can you tell which one is real? : )

What was funny was when she bundled it up and put it in the crib facing the wall. Then when the nurse came in, mom asked her to check on Grayson. The nurse didn't have the same sense of humor.

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

AWW! That is so sweet, Mandy! Your mom cracks me up. I love it that she played the joke on the nurse. I guess you get it from her, huh? HA HA! You two are so much alike.

How precious to have your mom around for so long to help out! What a blessing!

Mandy said...

Hey you!
Sad I missed you last Sun. Greg was working, and i couldn't get all of us there by myself. :(

I get a few minutes online every once in a while and catch up with you on 24/7. : ) I totally copied the bookcase paper thing! I love it!

Gretchen said...

I know, I was so sad to miss you, too! We came in late to church because Josh preached at Cate's for Pastor Joe, and I was scouting the crowd for you. Afterward, I made a beeline to Amanda because I knew she'd have the scoop. Great sorrow. :(

So glad to see things are going well with you. Keep the posts coming, I love seeing those little ones and hearing how you are doing!

Sandy said...

oh Mandy..I totally remember that I would have probably drowned that first few months without my mom and my sister and Brittany. Family is great..especially when you bring home a pair of babies. You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending your Granny back to us, Grayson and Laila. We missed her while she was gone, but I'm glad she could come to save you from your mommy and daddy who won't pick you up every time you whimper. You need to know that your Granny is, in fact, as crazy as you think she is. We love her, though!! Good to see that you are both getting so big!! I hope to see you soon!!! MWAH!!! Angie

Mandy said...

Angie...don't you mean Barbara Falters...? Wait, which one were you?

Hey funny girl, we hope to see you soon too! We also hope to get some sleep, go to church on Sun. mornings, and talk in regular conversations without baby talk...but who knows when thats going to happen!
love ya, M