Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally...the tooth fairy can visit


Maddie informed me she had a loose tooth recently...let me preface this by saying, she has 'cried tooth' before. She SO desperately wants to start losing them. I finally felt for myself on Sunday and *surprise* it actually was decently loose. Well being my child, she couldn't leave it alone, so by Monday when I picked her up from school, she had wiggled it out of there!


Greg was out the night the tooth fairy came. He asked me the next day and i told him she had left Maddie $2. I knew he was going to tell me the tooth fairy was cheap...which he did being the over-indulger that he is.


Here's the thing... you have to start out small. Otherwise when they lose their molars they're going to expect a twenty!


I figured up with my parents having 7 kids, and giving an average of $3 a tooth...thats about $500! Kind of crazy.

So what is the going rate...?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

$2 is cheap??? What every happened to a quarter???? That is all we ever got and we were thrilled with that. You could get a ring sucker with that tooth fairy quarter. Which would make your teeth rot faster and then they would fall out quicker... only leading to more quarters :) ha ha.

congrats maddie on losing your tooth. caleb hasn't lost any yet.

Unknown said...

I think $2 sounds pretty good too. I'm with Megan, I remember being excited finding change under my pillow the next morning! Of course, now Livi has a "loose tooth." =)

Brittany said...

It's $1 at my house. It was a quarter when I was growing up. AND, mollars aren't "worth" any more than the front teeth. Brookelyn hasn't lost any teeth yet either.

Mandy said...

I got change too...but it seems like we got a little more the older we got.

And let's face it..that was 20 years ago gals. What about inflation? = )

Gretchen said...

Are you serious $2 is cheap?? dang

I think we got dimes.

Funny post. Love that big space, Maddie Mae!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Maddie Mae!! Now, we just have to inform the Tooth Fairy that your favorite color is RED. . . NOT PINK!!! She has so many details to remember!! ;) I think the Tooth Fairy is more than generous. $1 is what our Tooth Fairy leaves and I'm with everyone else. . . I used to get a quarter and I was GLAD. . . .along with walking to school in the snow with no boots, uphill both ways. . .

Brenda Fuss said...

I'm pretty sure that when I lost my first tooth, my mom felt that was the perfect time to let me in on the falsity of the tooth fairy myth. Now THAT'S cheap!! Haha