Saturday, February 17, 2007

Snow Day Vacation






Sunday night I started thinking how full my week was and how I was not necessarily looking forward to the business of it. That was before we got over a foot of snow on Tuesday, and the whole world basically stopped for a few days. Thank you Lord, for this mini-vacation. I don't know that He sent the blizzard just for me, so that I could have a leisurely week instead of a busy one, but I am thankful for it anyway!


Maddie and I colored, cooked, read, and watched movies. As a family we got to sled, shovel snow, and play games. (You can see from the above picture Greg kicked my butt all over the place in Monopoly!) And Maddie got to play Mario for the first time in a while.





6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Mandy! I love your vacation post! You guys are so cute and cozy! I absolutely love it. It reminds me of when I was a kid and we would get snowed in in Wisconsin.

Totally miss you! Maddie is looking like a DOLLIE playing Mario. Josh said he wanted to Zerbert her cheeks!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had fun on your "snow days". great pictures.

James and Christen said...

Hey there,

I was thinking about you and hope you are all doing well. I have finally started running! better late than never!

How are things at Calvary? I have been feeling a little homesick for Danville - can you believe it??

Have a great weekend. - Christen

periwinkita said...

Mandy, You need to do a post about Maddie's shirt. ;)

The Tiffinian said...

At least now you can't say you have nothing to blog about. ;)

megan said...

It looks like we will both be spending time in the nursing mothers room at church in december...