Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our 'Wicked' Trip


Greg, Maddie, Aunt Dara, and I got to go to Chicago a couple weeks ago. Our main reason for going: to see the Broadway hit, Wicked which aunt Dara had already seen with her theater class and LOVED. It was SO good, and sadly it is ending in Chicago in April. We would definitely go again if we could!

We got there that afternoon, went to the Sears Tower...very expensive, not really worth it to me but Maddie was hyped about it. We also visited the American Girl store, Hershey's, and ate at Cheesecake Factory. Yum.

We walked pretty much everywhere we went (except for one very frightening cab ride) and talked about how the Chicago natives look like they are...well, from Chicago. By the way...the McDonald's don't put out ketchup, napkins, or salt and pepper (you have to ask for them)....AND refills cost 75 cents! Anyway...Dara got accepted at Moody, so she will soon be living in the midst of it all starting next fall. Yes....we are a little scared. : )

Sears Tower Trivia: not really home to anything Sears
Yes, I made her pose that way
This is a natural shot
like kids in a candy store

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

WHAT A FUN TRIIIIIIIIIP!!!!

I love me some Chicago and I miss it so much! Yay for Dara going to Moody. What an awesome school. Good for her. She will do well.

Ahem. . . guess where Wicked is getting ready to OPEN??? YES! Louisville!!!!!!! There are billboards shouting the good news. So if you want to see it again. . . :)

You can totally stay with us anytime! FUN summer trip!

Mandy said...

NO WAY! You TOTALLY have to see it if you can, it's totally family-friendly...ok it's kind of expensive ...but if you come into some money...definitely go see it!

That was our 'vacation' this year...thus the frivolous (?) spending.

Unknown said...

I like the picture of you, Maddie, & Dara, it's really good of all of you! Looks like fun, I'm already planning an October trip (at least in my mind I'm planning it!)

Brenda Fuss said...

Wasn't Wicked just awesome?? I loved it. I laughed until I cried. Whoever wrote that is very very creative.