Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ice Princess




Maddie has been going to skating lessons this year on Monday nights. We've had a few bumps on the noggin, but she is really doing good. This last session she moved up to Keeley's class (her favorite babysitter) so she was quite excited. They have a big show in the spring with costumes and performances...which will be the most exciting thing ever!


This week after practice Grandma took us out to 'La Potasina' to eat. Really yummy authentic Mexican restaurant. Of course Grandma comes equipped with a new and exciting 'treat' every time she knows she will see her grandchildren. This time it was a very cool 3-D book. Here they are trying it out together.
Can I just take a moment to say, I have the best grandma anyone could possibly have. She always makes us a priority, and will drop whatever she's doing to listen, play, or read. She's also very cool, and doesn't act her age. She is addicted to computer games, cranks her music up in her car (yes, you've been caught!), and surfs the web. More importantly she is a prayer warrior. I know she prays for all of her grand kids daily. What a great example!

12 comments:

Gretchen said...

I LOVE your grandma!!! She is such an example of a godly Christian woman.

That pic of her and Maddie in the 3D glasses is such a keeper. You will be loving that one years into the future!

Hey, I miss you and I will probably call you sometime to chat. :)

Gretchen said...

Oh, and my e-mail is JNeisler4828 at aol.com

(Josh told me to spell at out like that).

Great, now I'm going to get stalkers and spam! :)

Anonymous said...

that is great you are able to build such great memories with your grandma. that is a priceless picture of your grandma and maddie.

Anonymous said...

I had/have a granny like that (I know you call her Granny). It was/is wonderful. She was playing hop scotch w/ L just a few years ago! I will be called Granny when it's my turn because of the memories. What a blessing involved Grannies are!

James and Christen said...

Your grandma sounds so wonderful! My grandma died when I was 12 but I imagine she would be that way if she were here today. I am glad she is so close and you are able to such a part of her life.

It is so neat that she is a prayer warrior. What an example. I am always challenged by people like that.

Love & miss you - Christen

PS. CONGRATS to Greg! and Praise the Lord!!!

Gretchen said...

Are you going to post about GNC??

E-mail ya later!

The Tiffinian said...

My grandma was great too. I loved to sit with her in church because she always had Certs, LifeSavers, or Tic-Tacs in her purse. Also those weird mini-scissors that fold up. I don't know why. I would pretend the scissors were a butterfly knife. Also, she purchased more Happy Meals for her grandchildren than any person who has ever lived.

Gretchen said...

Alert!

Time for a new post!

Mandy said...

Alert!

blog police in the area!

Gretchen said...

This is the blog police. You have been cited for Blogging too infrequently. You have far away friends who want to hear what's going on with you, and for this you will be issued a warrant for a new post. Please comply promptly or you may be subject to a heavy fine. Or just a phone call. :)

Hey, maybe I'll see you on Saturday! I am going to try to drive down for the day and see everybody at Upward. I MISS everybody so much! What time is your game?

Mandy said...

Yeah! My game is at 11. What time do you think you will be here?

Gretchen said...

I will be there by 11, then!

(Gonna try to squeeze in a stop at the outlets on the way up -- J. CREW! I need more Khakis!)

But I'll be there for your game, fo'sho'!

See ya then!